You'll appreciate how different Phillip is and how different he operates. He's pleasant, candid, caring, reliable, credible, flexible, and extremely knowledgeable. He aims to please. He would be my first choice when it comes time to buy another boat or sell the one I just bought.
~ Alan Francario
As we set about to design and build our yachts, these are the ten design principles that drive our decision making:
• STRIKE A BALANCE BETWEEN PERFORMANCE AND COMFORT. Balance Catamarans will be comfortable to live on but will also sail smartly in light air and regularly average 200-to-220- mile days while sailing in trade wind conditions.
• CREATE AFFORDABLE, HIGH-QUALITY YACHTS. Balance Catamarans will be built with foam cores, vinylester resins, and composite bulkheads and furniture. A total- engineering approach will produce the strongest, lightest, yet most affordable cats possible.
• BUILD YACHTS THAT ARE EASILY SINGLE-HANDED OR OPERATED BY A COUPLE. Balance Catamarans will be simply and safely reefed, easily tacked and jibed, and carry self-tending jibs and cutter rigs for ease of handling. All reefing and mainsail hoisting will be managed by the helmsman from the helm station, without the need to go forward to the mast.
• PRODUCE YACHTS THAT OFFER ALL THE CREATURE COMFORTS. Balance designs are meant to sail swiftly but they are also a pleasure to cook on, sleep on, and offer spacious bathrooms, good places to read, and write, and offer the most ergonomically comfortable living spaces. Main living spaces with be bright and airy and offer excellent headroom for tall men and women.
• PRODUCE YACHTS THAT ARE SIMPLE TO MAINTAIN. Balance owners must spend as little time as possible fixing andmaintaining their catamarans so they are designed and built that way from the beginning.
• PRODUCE YACHTS THAT CAN SAIL UPWIND. Balance designs will offer powerful, high-aspect ratio sail plans and a single-dagger board or dual- dagger board option. Balance Catamarans must sail well on all points of sail.
• PRODUCE YACHTS THAT DO NOT BANG OR SLAP EXCESSIVELY IN BUMPY SEAS. Balance Catamarans are designed to sail in blue water, not lakes or ponds. As such they will have substantial under-wing clearance to insure they do not persistently slam or pound in lumpy seas.
• PROVIDE HELM STATIONS THAT CAN BE FULLY COVERED, CLOSED AND OFFER FOUR-CORNER VISIBILITY. Balance designs will allow for the operation of the yacht from inside the salon, using a remote autopilot, and offer a single- bulkhead helm station where the skipper can be fully protected from the elements when piloting on deck in inclement weather.
• BUILD THE GREENEST YACHT POSSIBLE. Balance Catamarans love to sail in light air and are energy efficient in every aspect. The design employs LED lighting, generous sail plans, and the use of the best and lightest materials possible to insure our boats sail more than they motor. Sailboats are Green, motorboats are not.
• BUILD YACHTS THAT ARE STRONG AND SAFE. Balance Catamarans will be designed to weather a storm when avoiding one is not possible. Our catamarans will use the finest vinyl ester resins, foam cores, composite bulkheads, and fiberglass construction. They are built light, but they are strong.
For additional details or questions, please contact The Multihull Company, the exclusive dealer for Balance Catamarans worldwide, at +1-215-508-2704 or inquire here.
These are stand up people, who make a stand up product. I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.
~ Jay Clark, Dolphin 460
I just wanted you to know that your level of service and the high degree of customer satisfaction have made owning my Dolphin a great experience.
~ Daniel Zlotnick, Dolphin